Tools for Statistics
Links to statistical sites that cover many topics and specific topics. Please contact Radlib for comments or suggestions.
General or Sites that cover many topics
- FedStats:Gateway to Statistics from over 100 federal agencies. Includes MapStats, which provide demographic, social, and economic profiles for States, counties, cities, Congressional Districts, and Federal Judicial districts. Use the A to Z Topics to locate specific subjects.
- Statistical Reference Shelf from FedStats: Provides links to the several key published collections of statistics available online including the Statistical Abstract of the United States.
- Guide to State Statistical Abstracts: Bibliography from an appendix in the Statistical Abstract of the United States includes the most recent statistical abstracts for states published since 1995 plus those that will be issued in late 200
- New York State Statistical Yearbook (2002 - present available online)
- Facts, Figures, and Statistics from New York State from the New York Government Information Locator Service (NYGILS) - which will link you to state, county and city/town/village government information.
- My Neighborhood Statistics from the New York City Mayor's Office of Operations: Lets residents know how City agencies are performing in their neighborhood by viewing locally mapped performance statistics using a street address or intersection.
- Statistical Resources on the Web (University of Michigan): *Most of the sources on this site are government produced and free, however there are some sources that are subscription based and require you to be affiliated with the University of Michigan to use.
- Data on the Net (replacement link for a discontinued site from UCSD): Aggregated searching of 363 Internet sites of numeric Social Science statistical data, data catalogs, data libraries, social science gateways, addresses and more.
- Statistical Agencies (International) from the US Census; Directory of Statistical Agencies for countries around the world.
Population & Demographics