- FedStats:Gateway to Statistics from over 100 federal agencies. Includes MapStats, which provide demographic, social, and economic profiles for States, counties, cities, Congressional Districts, and Federal Judicial districts. Use the A to Z Topics to locate specific subjects.
- Statistical Reference Shelf from FedStats: Provides links to the several key published collections of statistics available online including the Statistical Abstract of the United States.
- Guide to State Statistical Abstracts: Bibliography from an appendix in the Statistical Abstract of the United States includes the most recent statistical abstracts for states published since 1995 plus those that will be issued in late 200
- New York State Statistical Yearbook (2002 - present available online)
- Facts, Figures, and Statistics from New York State from the New York Government Information Locator Service (NYGILS) - which will link you to state, county and city/town/village government information.
- My Neighborhood Statistics from the New York City Mayor's Office of Operations: Lets residents know how City agencies are performing in their neighborhood by viewing locally mapped performance statistics using a street address or intersection.
- Statistical Resources on the Web (University of Michigan): *Most of the sources on this site are government produced and free, however there are some sources that are subscription based and require you to be affiliated with the University of Michigan to use.
- Data on the Net (replacement link for a discontinued site from UCSD): Aggregated searching of 363 Internet sites of numeric Social Science statistical data, data catalogs, data libraries, social science gateways, addresses and more.
- Statistical Agencies (International) from the US Census; Directory of Statistical Agencies for countries around the world.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service includes the Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics
- Bureau of Justice Statistics Publications (Alphabetical Listing)
- New York State Criminal Justice Statistics
- City of New York Police Department Crime Statistics
- National Center for Education Statistics
- New York State Elementary, Middle, Secondary, Continuing Education
- Iraq Body Count Database
- Foreign Trade Statistics: Trade (Imports, Exports, and Trade Balance) with Iraq (US Census Bureau)
- Iraq Watch from Znet
- OPIC Investor's Information Gateway Country Links Database Information for Iraq (Overseas Private Investment Corporation) Provides a number of resources about Iraq.
- USAID: Assistance for Iraq Accomplishments
- UNICEF At a glance: Iraq
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Labor Market Information by Subject from the New York State Department of Labor
Population & Demographics
- US Census Bureau: All kinds of numbers here. For example, check out the Census press briefing & released data mentioned in the recent Reuters story on poverty. Much more here!
- International Data Base (IDB) US Census Bureau: A computerized data bank containing statistical tables of demographic, and socio-economic data for 227 countries and areas of the world.
- Population Reference Bureau Datafinder: This database contains data on 95 demographic variables for more than 220 countries, 28 world regions and sub-regions, the world as a whole, the United States as a whole, and the U.S. states. (Not all countries have data on all variables.)