February 22, 2008
Please fill your name in (or ask me to) if you are willing and able to table. We need two people per slot. Put a note after the 6pm sign-up if your availability is flexible.
10-12 (note: RR Elections workshop is during this slot)
2. Alycia: 11am-12pm
2is-4:15 (note: RR managing info workshop is during this slot)
2. Christy and/or Jenna
1. John B - unless someones else step up (please delete me)
*Jenna, can do 10-12 and/or 12-2ish
*Christy will fill in wherever needed
These are the people who have said they're interested in working on a Rad Ref track at the 2008 Grassroots Media Conference:
- Emily -- "I'd love to have something on privacy and the internet. I am also feeling a little overcommitted, but would be up for conducting something and/or helping out with stuff I can do from my office at work."
- Mel G
- Mel Mo -- "Yes, we should totally be involved, but I can't commit to helping plan it -- I'm feeling kind of overcommitted and will be out of town for part of Oct and Nov anyway. But I'd love to help conduct a workshop at the conference."
- fact checking/research like a librarian
- managing your info online (maybe even breaking it down--we could probably do a whole hour on RSS alone!)
- free information, free resources at your local libraries
Questions from the GMC Organizers for 11/06/07 meeting at NACLA:
- Why does your group keep coming back to the GMC? What have you gotten out of it?
- enjoy providing a service to indy journalist community
- enjoy having a chance to share the librarian love and bringing critical thinking concepts into people's minds
- enjoy connecting with nyc activist/journalist community
- missing--ha! there's so much to do and see.